Weplay Dota 2 New Tournament Announced
Ukrainian gaming organization WePlay has just announced a new Dota 2 online tournament. The best professional Dota 2 teams will duke it out for $8,700 in cash and $8,500 in gear prizes.
There will be total 32 teams in the tournament. Now eight teams have already agreed to join and 16 more invites have been sent out too. Another 8 teams will earn the right to compete through a series of qualifiers. The first round of qualifiers will be held on February 16th. By February 25th, the teams of the tournament will be released , and the main event starts on March 2nd.
The 32 teams will be divided into eight groups, each group with 4 teams. The top two teams of its group advance to the second round and make another four groups of four teams. The first and second round will be the best-of-one game. Only the top team in round 2 can qualify. For the third round, the top eight teams are again split up into two groups of four to play best-of-three games. The final top four teams will proceed to the semi-finals. And the teams will enter a double-elimination tournament and play best-of-three game. The final will be a best-of-five game and the winner will get score advantage.
There will be another $750 reward for the winner in the final and $250 for the loser as a gift of participating.
BeyondTheSummit will cover the whole event.And Weplay will also handle Russian domestic qualifying competition.
- DOTA2 ACE DK vs VG Game 1 - full of wonderful moments
- TrungTH's DOTA2 work - NYX
- DOTA2 9/23 update: First Blood!
- Rsnake roster change, recruiting Malaysian talent
- DOTA2 7th September patch - new function to "Add Friend"
- The queen behind Alienware Cup-Dpmlicious
Published: Jul 25. Comments:0
- Misery: Time Will Prove Everything
Published: Jul 24. Comments:1
- Scandal Interview:'Abaddon is really op!'
Published: Jul 19. Comments:0
- VG.Fy Interview:Team Performance matters more
Published: Jul 17. Comments:0
- LGD.int Pajkatt Interview: Chinese Teams need to develop Wisp
Published: Jul 14. Comments:0